Recently diagnosed with prediabetes? You’re not alone. In fact, more than 84 million Americans are living with prediabetes. That’s more than 30% of American adults, and most don’t even know it.
The good news is that you can prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. In fact, Good Measures has helped many people do just that. We’ve got a program that helps people make small lifestyle changes that help them avoid diabetes and feel better. The best part: you get to eat the foods you like.
Reclaiming your health just got a lot easier. Check out Good Measures Diabetes Prevention Program and start living your best life.
How does the program work?
Here's a step by step guide...
- Make sure our Diabetes Prevention Program is right for you. This program is designed for people living with prediabetes or certain risk factors. Good Measures offers other one-on-one programs for people already living with diabetes and other chronic conditions and programs for people who want to improve their health through food.
- Sign up. Give us a few details about you, create your profile, and then use your credit or debit card to enroll. (You can use an HSA or FSA debit card to pay for the program if you have one!) Then we assign you to a program group. We have new groups starting every month.
- Get the Good Measures app. You'll receive instructions on how to download the Good Measures app and get started logging your meals right away. Don't have a smartphone? No problem! Use our website.
- Start weighing yourself. The price of this program includes a wireless digital scale! Stepping on the scale every day is part of the program. Your new scale will automatically update your Good Measures account with your current weight.
- Meet your lifestyle coach. Good Measures coaches are registered dietitians. They know their stuff. Your coach will get to know you and your unique concerns and be there to help when you need it. Send your coach a message any time you have a question.
- Start learning. Every week you'll have access to a new lesson, which you can review at your own pace.
- Lean on your group. Groups are typically 10-15 people. You can interact with your group using the discussion boards, or message other members of your group directly.
- Start feeling great. The program lasts a year. You'll feel the results within weeks and continue to build long-lasting healthy habits all year.
The Good Measures team of lifestyle coaches are all credentialed clinicians who are by your side every step of the way. Good Measures' patented technology gives you personalized meal recommendations from a variety of menus.
By keeping an eye on your Good Measures Index (a score from 1-100 updated continuously based on your meal choices and other factors) you'll always understand what the meals you choose are doing for you. Ready for lunch? Check the Good Measures app to see which meals are good choices for you right now—based on what you had for breakfast this morning, dinner last night, and so on. You'll choose meals with confidence and feel good about your choices!
“It is the incredible support—not only from the Good Measures staff, because they are always there for me—my coach is great!—but also the people who participate in the program. We help each other with different hurdles. It was eye-opening that other people struggle too.”
"With other programs, I could cheat all week and starve myself for two days. Good Measures helped me see the effects of food and get the nutrients I need to feel better. My dietitian coach gives me positive emotional support, celebrating my little changes in behavior.”
What you'll learn
The year-long group coaching experience is based on approaches developed by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Eat healthy without giving up the foods you love.
- Add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time.
- Deal with stress.
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work—like how to choose healthy food when eating out.
- Get back on track if you stray from your plan—because everyone slips now and then.
- Enhance the skills you’ve learned so you can maintain the changes you’ve made.
- Review key ideas such as tracking your food and physical activity, setting goals, staying motivated, and overcoming barriers.
- You may learn some new information, too.
- Your lifestyle coach and group will continue to support you.
It's easy to participate
Flexible for busy people
Complete your sessions online, when and where it’s convenient for you.
Your lifestyle coach checks in with you and gives you one-on-one support. Your coach can help you solve problems that get in the way of healthy eating and physical activity.
Powerful technology that’s simple to use
Use the Good Measures app or website to track your progress, see how well your foods are meeting your needs, and get BEST NEXT MEAL suggestions. We will also send you a wireless scale that synchs with the app and website.
Limited-time offer! 12-month program only $249
The program includes:
- Online classes at your own pace when it's most convenient for you
- One-on-one support from your registered dietitian lifestyle coach
- Support from your group—share ideas with people like you
- Wireless digital scale
- The Good Measures app—a tool that shows how well you are meeting your needs and gives you meal and snack recommendations