Most of us have tried dieting before and it didn’t work. The Good Measures Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is different – it's not a diet. It’s a year-long group coaching experience based on approaches developed by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It's designed for people who are ready to make the lifestyle changes that will help them avoid diabetes.
What happens in the DPP?
Here's how it works, step by step...
- Make sure the DPP is the right program for you. The program is designed for people living with prediabetes. Good Measures offers other one-on-one coaching programs designed for people already living with diabetes and other chronic conditions.
- Sign up. Use your credit or debit card to enroll. (You can use an HSA or FSA debit card to pay for the DPP if you have one!)
- Get the Good Measures app. You'll receive instructions on how to download the Good Measures app and get started logging your meals right away.
- Talk with a Good Measures representative. Good Measures needs some personal and medical profile information to personalize your account and to assign you to the appropriate DPP group. We have new groups starting every month.
- Start weighing yourself. The price of the DPP includes a wireless digital scale! Stepping on the scale every day is part of the program. Your new scale will automatically update your Good Measures account with your current weight.
- Meet your Lifestyle Coach. Good Measures coaches are registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, and registered nurses. They know their stuff. Your coach will get to know you and your unique concerns and be there to help when you need it.
- Start learning. Every week you'll have access to a new DPP lesson, which you can review at your own pace. The curriculum includes many opportunities to interact with your lifestyle coach for highly-personalized feedback.
- Lean on your group. DPP groups are typically 10-15 people. You can interact with your group using the discussion boards, or message other members of your group directly.
- Learn to feel great. The DPP program lasts a year. You'll feel the results within weeks and continue to learn long-lasting healthy habits all year.
Good Measures careful selection of credentialed clinicians as DPP coaches makes the DPP a clinical-grade program. Good Measures' patented technology gives you personalized meal recommendations from a variety of menus.
By keeping an eye on your Good Measures Index (a score from 1-100 updated continuously based on your meal choices and other factors) you'll always understand what the meals you choose are doing for you. Ready for lunch? Check the Good Measures app to see which meals are good choices for you right now – based on what you had for breakfast this morning, dinner last night, and so on. You'll choose meals with confidence and feel good about your choices!
“I changed my everyday life of eating and drinking – I never used to eat breakfast or lunch and now I do. Instead of frying in butter, I bake all my food and use cooking spray.”
“Good Measures was able to show me an alternative healthy lifestyle, one that I didn’t know about. I cut out sugar and potato chips – no one thought it was possible, not even me!”
What you'll learn
- Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love.
- Add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time.
- Deal with stress.
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work—like how to choose healthy food when eating out.
- Get back on track if you stray from your plan—because everyone slips now and then.
- Enhance the skills you’ve learned so you can maintain the changes you’ve made.
- Review key ideas such as tracking your food and physical activity, setting goals, staying motivated, and overcoming barriers.
- You may learn some new information, too.
- Your lifestyle coach and small group will continue to support you.
It's easy to participate.
Flexible for busy people
Complete your sessions online, when and where it’s convenient for you.
Your lifestyle coach checks in with you and gives you one-on-one support. Your coach can help you solve problems that get in the way of healthy eating and physical activity.
Powerful technology that’s simple to use
Use the Good Measures app or website to track your progress, see how well your foods are meeting your needs, and get BEST NEXT MEAL suggestions. We will also send you a wireless scale that synchs with the app and website.